20120913

Firefly



This was done quite a year ago, when I first started writing fan fiction. This drawing is of my OC that I created. I think the waist and hip seems a bit too thin now that I look at it again. But I guess its not very obvious... I created her based on a combination of traits from my friends, with the idea of a personality akin to fire in mind. Like, fire personified? She has short gold-brown spiky hair that reflects her hyperactive character and high energy level. Her eyes are amber, a color that is also fiery. That's why her clothes have flaming designs on them too, as well as drawing a fiery dragon in the background. I like the colors I used for the dragon because it includes pale yellow, amber, vermillion, scarlet and blue. The blue was added because I thought it would give the dragon more color variation and besides, really hot flames are blue. I created the dragon to be either made of fire, in the sense that she created the dragon out of her fire elemental powers, or it could be her familiar of sorts. As for her clothes, its half traditional half modern, because of the fan fiction I created her in. The fan fiction is based on a manga/anime that has a half traditional half modern setting with characters that have elemental powers. Finally, the lollipop in her her hand shows her sweet tooth. She loves candy of any kind and has a childish personality. She is mostly mischievous and loves getting into trouble too. But her tantrums and anger fits are scary. I guess that's all I have about this character I've created... There's another drawing of her below, done this year:


The color scheme this time is slightly different, since I decided that using a yellow, orange and red scheme would be more suitable for her clothes instead of purple. Her hair color is also slightly different, for aforementioned reason. Her jacket is longer than before, her sleeves are long and folded up, her pants are longer too. She isn't wearing a scarf either, and the clothes are more traditional/oriental than before. This is because I drew this picture for another fan fiction, also an animation but not anime. The character is the same, but included in a different setting (?) Like the first version, she's a fighter. Her weapons are usually small long-ranged types, such as senbon needles and shurikens. That's what's in the small pouches strung on her belt and in the second version, the small slots on the inside of her jacket. Oh, and before I forget, her name is Ryuusei Akirai, which means Shooting-star Autumn-lightning in jap. And I think I prefer the second version I drew better than the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment