20120915

inspiration--zeiva

Land of Stars
This is the first artist I knew on deviantart (not counting my school friends). Her username is zeiva and her art was my first real inspiration. She works with different color schemes and her artworks range from simple to really complex. The artwork above is one of her more simpler ones and is part of her Stars calendar series. Yeah, she does calendar series too and I love them. The artwork below is part of another calendar series of hers, titled Birthstones. I like the way she uses copic markers and photoshop to do her art. The part I like most (and is most inspired by) is her style/composition. 

zeiva tends to have various stuff floating around (I know my description isn't very good, but I can't think of any other way to put it), such as the clouds, moon and stars in the artwork above, the swirling waves in the artwork below, and the egg-like forms in the artwork far below. She also often personifies her characters, such as the little star in the artwork above, the aquamarine stone in the artwork below, and birth in the artwork far below. I didn't realize how much she influenced me until a friend of mine pointed out that many of my compositions tend to have stuff floating in the background (such as apples in my Snow White doodle). 

Aquamarine
I like the way zeiva uses symbols in her artwork too, such as waves in aquamarine and the cracking eggs and DNA-like thing in the artwork below. She also tend to have stuff dripping in her artwork (even stuff that shouldn't drip), such as the water in the artwork above and the DNA strand and egg yolk in the artwork below. The effect is quite interesting and I sometimes adopt it in my doodles. I have yet to create a proper artwork with her influence, though. 

Birth
For those who are interested, this is the artist's DA: http://zeiva.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment