20120914

The Ten Tailed-Kids


Here is a fan art of mine, based on some characters in the manga/anime Naruto. The characters are actually nine tailed-beasts (bijuu), from the one-tailed raccoon-dog (tanuki) to the nine-tailed fox. I've personified them into children-form because I thought it might be interesting. I guess I like personifying things. The boy in sandy-brown colors is based on the one-tailed raccoon-dog, named Shukaku. The two-tailed cat (nekomata) is the girl in blue, named Matatabi. The three-tailed turtle is the boy in gray and brown, named Isobu. The four-tailed monkey is the boy in red, named Son Gokū. The five-tailed dolphin-horse (a fictional creature) is the one in pale almost-white aquamarine, named Kokuō. The six-tailed slug is the girl in indigo-ish-white, named Saiken. The seven-tailed insect is the girl that has the most colors (blue, yellow, orange, green), named Chōmei. The eight-tailed bull-headed octopus (ushi-oni) is the girl in pink, named Gyūki. Last but definitely not least, the nine-tailed fox is the boy in fiery colors, named Kurama. Because they are all based on beasts, they don't actually have a gender, and their gender is usually assumed as male, but I decided that a variety in the genders would be better. So I drew them with different genders. 

I'm not as satisfied by my artwork as I wished I was though. I think I could have planned the composition better. Two of the characters are also of lighter colors that seem plain as compared to the other more colorful characters. I guess that may be because I drew this as soon as the idea popped into my mind, first drawing Shukaku, followed by Kurama and then the others, adding more wherever I saw space. In a sense, this was done quite 'spontaneously'. It had also started out as doodles until I thought I should line them and color them to 'give them life' (?) Anyways, I think I like the raccoon-dog, the fox and the cat the best out of the characters I drew...

No comments:

Post a Comment